This is great for a summer project or as a class activity. An owesome experiment to learn about capillary action and colour mixing.
You need to plan some time for it- to prepare, to make it, to observe and note the changes.
Make sure you take pictures and talk about what is happening. In the end, you can use the water and the colored papers to make some crafts.
It is super easy, very cool- inspiring and beautiful.
- learn about the colors, start simple
- practise colour names
- talk about mixing colours
- practice pronunciation and spelling
Get your free printable LEARN THE COLOURS here.
For school-aged kids:
- ask more questions and discuss in groups
- talk about what is happening, why
- learn about capillary action
This project can be done as a part of rainbow activities series.
For more RAINBOW activities, check here.
For detailed instructions and more tips check below:
Shower me with your photos of walking water experiments.